Top posting users this month
No user

Summoning Q/A

3 posters

Go down

Summoning Q/A Empty Summoning Q/A

Post by Hikari Usagi Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Good day.

I was attempting to finish my profile, and I had questions regarding summoning. I am not sure what all feats my Summons can perform and cannot perform, especially in regards to Jutsu. For an example, I would like summons that are capable of digging (similar to ninken) and erecting barriers (Earthshore Return) while remaining underground (which is something I am basing my custom clan around due to their aesthetic) and they have no opposable thumbs (which is unique to summons such as Enma). I would like to keep my theme while also not causing any deviations that may throw off the character concept.

Is this acceptable or are there certain conditions that need to be met? I am not sure given the information in Summoning about the limitations of Jutsu.
Hikari Usagi
Hikari Usagi

Back to top Go down

Summoning Q/A Empty Re: Summoning Q/A

Post by Rei Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:15 am

Hikari Usagi wrote:Good day.

I was attempting to finish my profile, and I had questions regarding summoning. I am not sure what all feats my Summons can perform and cannot perform, especially in regards to Jutsu. For an example, I would like summons that are capable of digging (similar to ninken) and erecting barriers (Earthshore Return) while remaining underground (which is something I am basing my custom clan around due to their aesthetic) and they have no opposable thumbs (which is unique to summons such as Enma). I would like to keep my theme while also not causing any deviations that may throw off the character concept.

Is this acceptable or are there certain conditions that need to be met? I am not sure given the information in Summoning about the limitations of Jutsu.
Summoning is a specialization that falls under the Ninjutsu sub-spec: Jikukan(Space-time)

1. Summonings may have 1 specialization & element.
  2. Summonings have static physical stats determined by the summoner's chakra stat.
  3. Summonings may use jutsu(As long as it is registered, approved & purchased for that summon.
  4. You as the summoner may only hold one summoning contract. Not to be mistaken as a single summon, because you can make multiple summoned creatures of the same species under one summoning contrat.
  5. Summoning is essential in the use of Senjutsu & Sage Mode.

The examples you have described above, are within the skills of a summon. Understand that even Summons have their limitations in specializations. Here, we allow them to have a maximum of ONE Specialization. So if you gave it Ninjutsu, but not barrier ninjutsu & still expected them to do barrier ninjutsu, you would be mistaken. A work-around to this is registering a second summoning under the same contract with a different Specialization.
Rei
Rei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Usagi Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 am

[quote="Rei"]
Hikari Usagi wrote:The examples you have described above, are within the skills of a summon. Understand that even Summons have their limitations in specializations. Here, we allow them to have a maximum of ONE Specialization. So if you gave it Ninjutsu, but not barrier ninjutsu & still expected them to do barrier ninjutsu, you would be mistaken. A work-around to this is registering a second summoning under the same contract with a different Specialization.

Okay, this is all within what I read and I believe I understood, except one thing:

So Jutsu such as Earthshore Return, Moving Earth Core, and Earth Style: Wall are all considered Barrier Ninjutsu because of them being barricades?
Hikari Usagi
Hikari Usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:21 am

No. None of those 3 jutsu you have mentioned, are actually barrier ninjutsu. Those are practical shape and elemental manipulation through traditional Ninjutsu.
Rei
Rei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Usagi Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:26 am

Rei wrote:No. None of those 3 jutsu you have mentioned, are actually barrier ninjutsu. Those are practical shape and elemental manipulation through traditional Ninjutsu.

Okay, sorry, I thought I mentioned what I meant by "Barrier" Ninjutsu clearly above, so I got confused.

Thank you. I think that clears up everything concerning Summons.

Hikari Usagi
Hikari Usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Usagi Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:05 am

Rei wrote:The examples you have described above, are within the skills of a summon. Understand that even Summons have their limitations in specializations. Here, we allow them to have a maximum of ONE Specialization. So if you gave it Ninjutsu, but not barrier ninjutsu & still expected them to do barrier ninjutsu, you would be mistaken. A work-around to this is registering a second summoning under the same contract with a different Specialization.

Sorry to double post, but I had one more question in regard to what you said here about "Specializations." This is about the pat in the rules called "Collaboration Techniques." I wanted to know, could a User and Summon perform collaboration techniques and what would be the limitations?
Hikari Usagi
Hikari Usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Specializations are the skills(Like Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Genjutsu, etc)

Collaboration techniques are like you & another shinobi or you & a summoning performing a jutsu in unison. Collaboration techniques are registered and approved in jutsu creation, but collaboration techniques cannot be purchased. They must be trained with word count between the two users(whether shinobi or summoning)

Nana
Admin

https://shinobiconquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Usagi Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:30 am

Nana wrote:Specializations are the skills(Like Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Genjutsu, etc)

Collaboration techniques are like you & another shinobi or you & a summoning performing a jutsu in unison. Collaboration techniques are registered and approved in jutsu creation, but collaboration techniques cannot be purchased. They must be trained with word count between the two users(whether shinobi or summoning)

Okay, I believe I understand.

But under those conditions, could the two individuals have different specializations in order to create jutsu with that are comprised of those properties (Ex. One individual specializing in Shuriken Jutsu and the other specializing in Katon in order to create a Fire Released Mass barrage of Fire Shuriken) or are collaboration jutsus limited to only sharing specializations to craft techniques of matching specializations?
Hikari Usagi
Hikari Usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:25 am

If you used Fire Ninjutsu & your ally used a barrage of shurriken. Yes, the new jutsu would be a fiery barrage of shurriken.

Collaboration techniques are pre-registered before use. They are registered as jutsu with the jutsu template, approved by staff & then trained by each user involved in the jutsu. Once the word count has been met between users, they can use the collaboration jutsu together at any time.

Collab jutsu between 2 users uses normal word count requirements. User & summoning means the summoner has to write 2x the word count normal for jutsu by rank. So if the jutsu at C Rank required you to write 300 words, you'd wite a 600 word training, involving the coordination between your character and their summoned creature.

Nana
Admin

https://shinobiconquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down