Top posting users this month
No user

A new student, a new teacher

2 posters

Go down

A new student, a new teacher Empty A new student, a new teacher

Post by Homura Uchiha Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:18 pm

A new student, a new teacher MIsrlQD

Deep in the heart of the Uchiha clan pavilion lies a round building. Its structure is finely shaped to match the feeling of tradition, with rows of statues morphed to represent the past leaders of the Uchiha clan. Traveling down the halls of this building would take some time, and it would feature various artwork and historical texts passed down from one generation to the other for all to spectate, but it will eventually take a person to the main room of the building, the enlarged center hall.

This room swirled in a circle and was so gigantic that most of the Uchiha clan could fit inside of it. Made long ago for safety of the clan, this room became filled with special tiled floors that shaped into a large dojo. Such a traditional masterpiece was this room that it had not been affected by the makes of technology, but remained oldened with candlesticks draped atop podiums to light the scenery. Surely, this building was a walking historical monument.

Sitting at the center of this large dojo was a familiar redhead known as Homura Uchiha. She sat with her legs crossed and her fingers folded together to create the tiger sign. Her back was turned towards the main doors of the room. Her eyes were closed and her body seemed lifeless, save for the occasional "hmms" she released after taking deep breaths. She wore baggy black shorts and a white top, standard clothing for those that came for simply training.

She could hear people moving through several of the doors that littered the main hall. Most of those that came to this building were either scholars looking to fill their heads with knowledge in the library next door or Uchiha soldiers looking to train in this very hall. However, at this time, soldiers weren't allowed inside the dojo, only scholars. The hour now sat at 12 a.m., and if soldiers were allowed to remain for that long, they would cause too large of a ruckus for other people. However, Homura was an exception even though she was a soldier. She fell under the lineage of the main Uchiha family, though she was not its head, so she could do as she pleased and train in this hall for however long she wanted.

And so she did. Today she had heard that a certain Uchiha that newly turned into a genin didn't very much like fighting. Seeing as this young one was going to be a shinobi, this worried Homura. If fighting didn't become a practiced sport for a shinobi, their life could be in serious danger, and Homura didn't feel the want to watch as more of her clansmen died. So, she sent a messaged to this child named Tsubasa Uchiha to meet her in this very hall. If she wouldn't find interest in fighting from training with her other senseis, maybe she would find interest in fighting by training with the "Goddess of the Uchihas." Homura could only hope.

Now she waited for the girl to appear.
Homura Uchiha
Homura Uchiha

Back to top Go down

A new student, a new teacher Empty Re: A new student, a new teacher

Post by Tsubasa Uchiha Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:33 am

Today was a day Tsubasa couldn't seem to leave Uchiha grounds.
She had planned to spend the day at the village's public library, wishing to catch up on some of their new books. It was about that time of the month where they replaced some of their old selection with a couple of new ones. They didn't normally replace the books that often, or at least they didn't used to. But upon Tsubasa's request, they started to do it more frequently.
There were only so many times you could reread a book before getting bored, after all, and Tsubasa was infamous for going through their stock like a hungered bear with honey. It was the only thing they could do to keep the young Uchiha entertained. At least she had Shinobi duties to fulfill now that she was a freshly named Genin, which took the edge off of her book hunger a little. But, even so she was still capable of consuming a scholar leveled book in as little as a night or two when she got the chance.

Much to her dismay, however, today seemed to be against her doing such things.
Her father was out, due to diplomatic duties or something along those lines. This meant she had to spend the day by her mother's side, since it was normally up to her father to keep her company when the medical team could not. It wasn't so much out of her own choice, but as a sort of obligation. The young Kaguya was often bedridden, riddled by some disease even the most knowledgeable doctors could not diagnose. Her body was weak, her voice laced with a crackled voice and cough. It was a horrible thing to behold, merely another reason why Tsubasa usually kept her distance from her family. She could not bare to watch her own mother slowly die. But, upon these days she was forced to.
She had spent the morning with her, combing her whitened hair, helping her bathe and dress herself. Normally, this would all be things for the medical team to do, but her mother was a proud soul and despised having to be cared for, rejecting help if it was not from her own family. So, it was up to either her or her father to help.

It was amidst preparing the woman's lunch that Tsubasa had received a letter from one Homura Uchiha, summoning her to the clan's dojo. A strange occurrence indeed. Homura was known as the 'Goddess of Uchiha', but Tsubasa was reluctant to call the woman a god. It was a bit extreme, at least that's what she thought. There was no doubt that being called as such would go to one's head, especially when they were nothing but mortals... Or maybe she was actually something more. There was no telling, the girl just hoped she still didn't have an ego or something because of the nickname. Tsubasa despised large egos.

Still, why would a member belonging to the main Uchiha's bloodline summon her? Perhaps she had done something wrong.
Whatever it was, it brought the child anxiety as she walked down the decorated hallway leading to the dojo, questions whirling around in her head. She was trying to think, think of anything that may have gotten her in trouble. She was somewhat of a recluse, so she didn't interact with too many people, even among her family.
... Was it because she punched her cousin through the roof a few days ago? Oh Gods, yeah maybe that was it. She had hit him pretty hard, but in her defense he did steal one of her rice balls and tried to lie about it. Lying was a pretty big offense. Yet, so was hitting someone to the point of them being launched upwards. Was she in trouble? She was always a stickler for the rules, so even thinking about breaking them brought a pit of despair to her core.
It wasn't long before she reached the large doors leading to the dojo, her thoughts occupying her brain so much she wasn't even aware how far she had unconsciously walked. The fear of being in trouble caused her to clam up a bit, somewhat losing her usually cool outwards appearance. But she took a small breath, holding it in her chest to calm her anxiety before pushing open the doors.

The inside of the dojo was large, untouched by the creeping advances of technology the vest of the village was filled with. But Tsubasa was unable to really pay attention to the details, only focusing her gaze on the person sitting upon the wooden floor.
She clamped up again, merely staring at the red haired woman. She had her back turned to her, making it harder to determine her mood and temperament. This only raised Tsubasa's anxiety further.
But, she could not turn back. The sound of the door opening announced her presence already. There was nowhere to go but forward.
The dark haired girl finally began to walk, only going in as far as a few feet before stopping, as to not disturb the meditating Homura in the center of the room.
"You called for me?" She asked, holding some actual worry in her voice despite her usual monotone tone. Even so, she tried her best to look the more composed than she actually was.
Tsubasa Uchiha
Tsubasa Uchiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Uchiha Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 am

The doors opened with a loud creek that made Homura's ears twitched. The wooden frames did well enough to hold themselves long enough for Tsubasa to enter. Homura didn't react to the younger Uchiha's appearance. She remained still like a stone statue on a calm, breezy day. Her red locks that dangled over her shoulder only briefly shuffled just enough for Homura to give a quaint glance at the girl. However, that glance only lasted a second before she looked away and closed her eyes once again.

The gentle hums continued for the Uchiha. Her chest fluctuated often and with every deep breath she took. After Tsubasa spoke, Homura moved her fingers over to pat at a spot next to her. The wooden floor made a gentle noise as her hands briskly ran over it. "Come. Sit." Homura said. Her voice lacked an authoritarian tone. She spoke to the girl as if she had given her an offering. Only she had the choice, whether to accept it and sit, or decline and remain standing. Homura would not give a noticeable reaction to whichever the girl decided. Her facial expression would remain the same.

"I have heard that you passed your Academy exams and become a genin. Congratulations." Homura would say after the girl made her choice. "It is not every day that a kunoichi is born in Johogakure. We have so little, and most normally grow to become medics, not that there is anything wrong with that." Homura's eyes were still closed, her chest still fluctuated. She was a calming wave of tranquility in a rather motionless sea. Somewhere outside of the room, a bell rung. This ringing continued in intervals, almost like a peaceful song. It would stop then start again, changing tunes with each random interval. "The fact that you are an Uchiha as well fills me with joy. However, I have heard some troubling news from your former teachers. They have told me that you don't like to fight, and when you do it is only when a certain button is pushed for you. Is this true?"
Homura Uchiha
Homura Uchiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsubasa Uchiha Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:40 am

Well, Homura didn't seem upset with her a least. That was a positive. Still, the woman's calming aura was hard for the young girl to read completely...
Tsubasa accepted the offer of taking the free space next to the older woman. Feeling relived allowed her to become more calm, walking over and settling beside her. At first she sat with her legs tucked under her with her hands resting on her knees, a position she was taught to attend meetings with to appear more formal. But, seeing Homura's position she quickly readjusted to mirror her's, sitting cross-legged on the wooden flooring.
Tsubasa's dark eyes traveled over to Homura as she spoke, feeling a small blush brush against her pale skin. She had always been horrible at receiving compliments, even as small as a congratulations. But there was also the fact that she was a kunoichi now, a female ninja. They were indeed outnumbered by the men, even more so on the front lines of combat. Not that Tsubasa cared too much about those kinds of details. Female ninjas were as free as any other ninja, to make their own choices and to see through whatever career path they wanted. But her words made her feel special. Which is what made the last part even worse- the thing she assumed was the reason she was called here today.

The young Uchiha's shoulders slouched in embarrassment. Part of her wished she was getting scolded now rather than having her flaws conversed about. "... I guess so" she would reply, eyes falling to the floor.
"I do not mind fighting, but i wish to settle disputes with words and reason... I am not very strong, at least not as strong as the rest of the clan. So, knowledge and words are all i feel i have."
She was decent with commoners with little to no abilities, but when put up against members of her own class more often than not she usually fell short (no pun intended). It was why she began to focus on studying in the first place. If she could not beat them in brawn she would beat them in brain. Only, more often than not it didn't work...
Tsubasa Uchiha
Tsubasa Uchiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Uchiha Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:59 am

An eyelid slowly opened from Homura after she heard what the girl said. She latched her black orbs onto the younger Uchiha. The girl lowered her head as if shame had rolled all over her pretty red locks. Her face said it all for Homura. The older Uchiha had hit a soft spot for the girl that showed a bit of her timid nature. This natural feeling from the girl brought about a strange reaction from Homura.

The older Uchiha gently bit her lip as a soft sigh left through her nose, flailing her nostrils lightly. She lifted one hand up towards the girl and carefully held her chin. With the gentle guidance of a mother caring for a child, she made Tsubasa raise her head towards her.

"Do not lower your head," Homura said, her voice low and tender. "It is alright that you are not that strong. Your intelligence is your ultimate weapon. Sometimes, that's all you need to strive in this shinobi world." Her hands carefully released Tsubasa's chin and moved to her own. She stroked her own cheek as her eyes squinted into the far distance. She was looking at something, yet nothing at the same time. That ended quickly, however. "But, this is wonderful. I worried that you didn't like battle. It made me question if the life of a ninja was right for you. However, this is very fortunate." She slightly nodded her head. "Yes, fortunate indeed."

Homura looked at the girl with a smile of warmth. "How would you like to learn to be stronger from me, Tsubasa? I can teach you all that you need to know to be a powerful and feared shinobi."
Homura Uchiha
Homura Uchiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsubasa Uchiha Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:43 am

Tsubasa did not know why her strength was not as well honed as the other children. Everyone else in the Uchiha clan was very capable of holding their own, even in the most difficult of situations. It couldn't possibly be bad genes. Her mother and father were once shinobi themselves, very good ones at that. Perhaps it was because she could not find the reason that she felt ashamed even more. Maybe there was no reason and that's just how she was. It was a horrid thought.
The young genin was lost in her thoughts again, trying to give any kind of excuse as to why she was this way. But then Homura lifted her chin upwards. Saddened eyes widened into silent surprise. The older Uchiha told her to not lower her head in shame, and that her mind was yet just another great tool to use on the battlefield. She was right, of course. Her mother always said the same thing whenever Tsubasa became frustrated about her lack of power. Yet, when Homura said it, it struck a deeper chord. Perhaps it was because she had always known her mother as this sickly husk, which caused the imagine of a true shinobi to be muddled and blurred. But Homura was a veteran, still continuing the work to this very day. She would know better than anyone who and who could not become a real shinobi.

Tsubasa no longer avoided eye contact after that. Her glistening dark eyes stared at the jounin.
So, she wished to train her? It came as even more of a surprise to the girl. All this time she had been training with the elders, but now she would be allowed to train under someone closer to her age, and someone even stronger. She'd be dimwitted to refuse such an offer.
Tsubasa's wide-eyed looked faded into that of a sheepish smile. "I would be grateful for your training, if that is what you wish. I hope to not disappoint you." She replied back, her voice soft and a little nerve-filled. It was strange, that someone could pull this side out of Tsubasa. She was usually cold and angry. Yet Homura calmed that raging flame, made her nervous even. Maybe it was because she was her elder, or even simply that Tsubasa was waiting to find someone who actually cared. And now she found that person, she didn't know how to act.
"My mother and the elders have been training me for the last couple of years. But my mother grows more ill by the day and i fear the elders grow tired of me. I think this will be a much needed change of pace."
Tsubasa Uchiha
Tsubasa Uchiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Homura Uchiha Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:11 am

Homura smiled at the young girl. Her smile was so vibrant that even her eyes shifted downward so that only the formation of goodness on her lips could be Tsubasa's attention. It was a true smile, which spoke for her heart in volumes. "Well then," she said after Tsubasa accepted her proposal. "Shall we start with the first lesson? The most important and essential piece of the world that every shinobi across the planet uses. Let us start with Chakra."

Homura shifted her body in place. She turned until she was looking at Tsubasa. Her eyes were completely focused on the girl, showing now that Tsubasa had Homura's full attention. "Tell me, Tsubasa, what do you know about chakra? Tell me everything you can remember, and it's alright to leave anything out."
Homura Uchiha
Homura Uchiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum