[ 7 ]
Stamina Stat Poll Pi2CNvD12%Stamina Stat Poll Nqfanf0 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Stamina Stat Poll Empty Stamina Stat Poll

Post by Nana Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi everyone!

Initially when I was working on Shinobi Conquest, I had a 5th stat called Stamina. Before opening officially, I removed it as a stat. Sometimes in old jutsu, you may find where Taijutsu or Bukijutsu say there is a stamina cost. As it stands, there is no stamina cost. No tiring in battle, and no limitations that explain just how far someone can at IC. While this can be fun and not cumbersome with worry about being unfettered about how you act & react in RP- it also creates some disadvantages. These negative aspects are mostly in the realm of realism and controlling what is and isn't physically possible between characters. Some examples may be that someone meta-games your post and truffle-shuffles to dodge all of your attacks. With these balances in mind, myself and the battle moderator have come to a consensus with an implementation of the Stamina stat.

It will not be too invasive to your current builds, nor will it be overly complicated, nor intimidating. Simply put, it wont be an actual stat that you will need to put additional points into and divide your stat build further. No, it will be a sub-stat of the Endurance stat. Not only does Endurance govern your physical damage resistance, but also your stamina! Your other stats will be accounted for as well. Your total collective amount of stats(Strength, Speed, Endurance & Chakra) will be combined and then divided by 2. That will be your Stamina pool. It may seem low, but that pool is 'per post' As in, you start each post with that amount of stamina. This way, you can determine what your character is capable of IC & act or react appropriately!

let's use an approved character's stat distribution to show you an example(below)

Strength- 50
Speed- 150
Endurance-
Chakra- 325

This character has 50(STR), 150(SPD) 0(END) & 325(CHA). We combine these numbers. Totals to 525(Then divide this by 2, rounded up)= 263 Stamina! This character will have 263 Stamina pool per post to determine things like physically attacking, evading or running.

Endurance as a stat will give a multiplier to the Stamina stat, as I want a means to encourage people to use their Stamina stat. Every 50 points in the END stat, will award a multiplier alike the jutsu rank multiplier. This will factor in a much larger stamina pool for those who wish to have a high END & action/reaction style(Like Taijutsu & Bukijutsu users). The multiplier is shown below.
0-50PTs: x1(Endurance)
50-100PTs: x2(Endurance)
101-150PTs: x3(Endurance)
151-200PTs: x4(Endurance)
201-250PTs: x6(Endurance)
251-300PTs: x8(Endurance)
301-350+PTs: x10(Endurance)

Going by the above multiplier. If I put 100 Points into Endurance, I get an additional 100 Stamina points(Because 100 ENDx2=200 instead 0f the base 100).
If I put 300 Points into END, I get an additional 2,400 Stamina+ the other addition of my base stats from STR, SPD & CHA. In total, I have close to 3,000 Stamina per post! This is the optimal build for Taijutsu & Bukijutsu users, but also validates anyone's use of multiple action posts per post(Like dodging or attacking). It will be simplified in the stat system, but I showed a lengthy example here to allow everyone to make an informed decision. I didn't include the stamina cost of basic actions, but they will be balanced & introduced if the system is agreeable to the majority.
Post actions for those of you who don't know. Are things like dodging attacks, performing physical attacks, acrobatics(Like bouncing off walls or tress, etc)
The costs will vary, but mainly focused around tabled costs akin to jutsu chakra costs.

While everyone is allowed to vote. Please only vote once per member, not character. Additionally, this poll will only be up for one week. Only active members' votes will be counted. At the end of the week, majority vote will decide whether to implement this or not.

Nana
Admin

https://shinobiconquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stamina Stat Poll Empty Re: Stamina Stat Poll

Post by Nana Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:59 pm

more info on the rough draft, in case you voters had question.

USER A at 5:51 PM
The stamina stat is just a substat of Endurance
Nobody puts points into END because they use Speed as a metabuild that never gets tired & can dodge anything if its high enough
but say I shoot a handful of fireballs at you roughly near your speed- since stamina is so vague, you canjust dodge all of them & not be out of breathe
The stamina substat would be like "Okay. I have 300 Stamina. I can dodge this C Rank attack for C Rank chakra cost in stamina"

USER Bat 5:54 PM
The metabuild needs to go but if anyone wants to partake in events no, they don't have that option. Also you essentially suggested that metabuild to me. XD
Anyway my point is, adding that 'i can dodge this for this' in helps people vote more informed for a happier over all outcome

USER A at 5:54 PM
Someone with no Endurance wouldnt be able to dodge a lot. They could use their speed to leap out of the way
But they cant dodge consecutive attacks
This is to mitigate some vague unfairness

Nana
Admin

https://shinobiconquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down